Baby clothes shopping is one of my favorite hobbies, you too, right?! Unfortunately they grow out of these little kid clothes in a blink of an eye! I am starting to realize I should probably slow down a bit on feeling the need to fill their closets to the brim. Thank goodness my husband wanted to have more than one kid (and yes, the plan is to have more than two… eventually). Also, another “thank goodness” for having a second girl. I can’t imagine all of Piper’s clothes only being used once! Who knows, maybe these clothes will get used on a third girl… or possibly a boy?! But let’s not get ahead of ourselves. Mia is absolute perfection and it was very evident that the Lord will only give you what you can handle. He will also provide you with exactly what you need at that given time. Piper and Mia are answers to prayer, and I couldn’t imagine life without them at this point in time.
As I mentioned earlier, the clothing items are quickly moving in and out of Mia’s closet as she keeps growing. She is now in 6-9 and 9 month clothing!
Sleeping In (Kidding)
I’ve discovered there is no such thing as “sleeping in” as parents of two under two. Maybe in 20 years. One can only hope. Mia started showing signs that a nap routine would be beneficial, and I look forward to having her on a schedule, but will miss the random cuddles throughout the day. As far as the night routine is concerned… I love you Mia, but I do not love you sleep regression.
Eating In Too
Mia is still solely breastfeeding and loving every minute of it.
More About Mia
- Though she is a quiet and easy baby, she can also be a Chatty Cathy
- She is starting to bring toys to her mouth
- She grabs her paci and puts it in her mouth (maybe by accident the first time, but I choose to call it brilliance)
- She will occasionally use utensils at meal times and is interested in what mama and others are eating
- Unfortunately, she got her first cold (thank goodness breastmilk is a healing gift from God)
- She also rolls from front to back
XO, KATLIN LINDSEY