In February of 2017, I was working as an accountant and Levi was was a full time college student as well as a barista at a local coffee shop. It was on a Friday when I was texting a friend, Chelsea, during work (oops… sorry boss a.k.a. my father-in-law). She was talking about her current pregnancy. It got me thinking about myself. I realized that I was one day “late”… (only the ladies may understand this part) but I didn’t feel like I was a day late or about to start. I thought this was odd, but I continued on with my workday.

Saturday came. “Okay,” I said to myself, “I’ve been a few days late before…”

Sunday came and still no signs. “It’s only been three days, Katlin. Don’t get ahead of yourself.”

Monday came and I went the whole day trying to ignore the fact that I should probably mentioned this to Levi. I did, but reminded him we didn’t know for sure just yet. We went over to my parents house that night and I felt like I had cramps and lower back pains. These were different feelings than I was use to. As I drove home from my parents, I stopped at the Dollar Store and I bought more tests than my hands could hold. When I walked in our front door, I told my husband that I should take the test and he agreed. So I did… and I waited…

One line appeared…

And then, slowly, a second very faint line appeared…

Google Search: “My home pregnancy test showed a faint line.
Am I pregnant?”
First word: “Probably…”

After trusting good ‘ol Google, I realized that a faint second line likely means pregnant. I had Levi come in to see it, but he insisted the line was too faint to tell. He also mentioned that these were just test from the Dollar Store.

Naturally, I ran to the Safeway and purchased an expensive test that either said “Pregnant” or “Not Pregnant” (as I thought this would be good for my husband to see it clearly).

We waited together. It said Pregnant. My husband looked up at me and said “You’re pregnant!” as he raised his hand for a high five. I couldn’t help myself but giggle and smile big. Although we were both shocked and puzzled, my husband was happy and supportive as always. We then celebrated with a hug and a smooch.



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.